As tablets have advanced, many artists are turning to the best Android tablets and best Android phones as their weapon of choice for making digital artworks. The key to that is a great app to express yourself. With so many out there, how do you choose the right one? This round-up will help you narrow down the choices by sharing some of the best drawing apps available for your Android device.
The criteria: These are the important features and factors to look out for when choosing a drawing app:
* Pressure responsiveness
* A wide range of brushes and tools
* Being able to customize brushes or create your own
* Being able to work with multiple layers
* Layer blending modes such as multiply, overlay, colour dodge, and burn
* Touch gestures and keyboard shortcuts
* Built-in time-lapse recording is a plus
The price of an app will often be a deciding factor, too, especially if you are a beginner and just getting started. Each app here is either free, partially free, or gives you a decent trial period of the full version, so you can test each one and find the one that works best for you.
See The 9 best drawing apps for Android
Choosing the right app for the mobile art studio in your backpack